Chained Soldier, also known as Mato Seihei no Slave in Japan, is a Japanese manga series written by Takahiro and drawn by Yohei Takemura. Since its publication in 2019, fans have been demanding an anime adaptation, and after nearly three years, the show’s creators have confirmed an anime adaptation.
Continue reading to learn all about the series.
Mato Seihei No Slave Release Date
Mato Seihei no Slave, a manga by Takahiro (Akame ga Kill!) and Yohei Takemura, has been published on Shueisha’s Shonen Jump+ site since January 2019, and it is now officially getting a TV anime adaptation. It is scheduled to debut in 2023. Akari Kit will perform the opening theme song, and Maaya Uchida will perform the concluding theme song.
Check out a teaser promo below
Read More: Ron Kamonohashi Anime Release Date Announced? Latest Updates in 2022!
Mato Seihei No Slave Anime Staff and Cast members
The character designs for the two main characters (Yki Wakura and Kyka Uzen) have also been changed.
The series is being produced by Studio Seven Arcs (Blue Period). Yya Hirose (Haruka Isumi from Idolish7) and Akari Kit (Nezuko Kamado from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) will play Yki and Kyka, respectively.
- Chief Director: Junji Nishimura (Vlad Love)
- Director: Gor Kuji (Bungo to Alchemist)
- Character Designer: Hiroyuki Yoshii (Just Because!)
- Color Designer: Kaoru Nishimura (Dances with the Dragons)
- Scriptwriters: Ryota Kan and Akira Kindaichi
Read More: Oshi No Ko Anime Release Date Sets For April 2023! Check Trailer & Other Details!
- Yuuki Wakura Voiced by: Yūya Hirose
- Kyouka Uzen Voiced by: Akari Kitō
- Himari Azuma Voiced by: Yume Miyamoto
- Shushu Suruga Voiced by: Mari Hino
- Nei Ōkawamura Voiced by: Hina Tachibana
- Tenka Izumo Voiced by: Maaya Uchida
- Yachiho Azuma Voiced by: Nene Hieda
- Sahara Wakasa Voiced by: Reina Ueda
- Aoba Wakura Voiced by: Tomori Kusunoki
- Koko Zenibako Voiced by: Sayaka Senbongi
- Naon Yuno Voiced by: Rina Hidaka
When gates to another realm known as the “Mato” appear all across Japan, a new resource known as “Peaches” is found, which grants special powers exclusively to women.
However, terrible monsters known as “Yomotsu Shuuki” inhabit the Mato and have been responsible for several calamities since then. To resist them, the government developed the Anti-demon Corps, an elite corps of women given authority by the Peaches.
Read More: Vinland Saga Season 2 Release Date, Cast, Plot Details And Latest Updates in 2022!
Yuuki Wakura, a high school student, was heading home from school one day when he became disoriented at a Mato entry. When he cries for aid, he is instantly rescued by Kyouka Uzen, the chief of the Anti-demon Corps’ Seventh Unit.
Recognizing his potential while also needing him to make her Peach power more effective, she requests that Yuuki join the Anti-demon Corps by becoming her slave, a job he may find more agreeable than he had anticipated…